Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Chocolate Cake to the 10th degree!









Bake in 350 degree oven for approximately 45 minutes..  Oven's vary!   Mine is a gas oven..


One of the best chocolate cakes ever.





I have been friends with Diane for almost 12 years and I consider her to be one of my dearest friends.  She is a awesome person, a great cook and baker, and one that I can rely on to give me fantastic recipes.  She loves to bake!   This cake is not only moist and tender but chocolate like no other. .Here is her cake recipe..Hope you enjoy it as much as my family does.. 

Note:  You can also bake this cake in two round cake pans..I usually do mine in a bundt pan..I'll give you the baking time on both.. She also frosts her cake with peanut butter frosting..  I will add the frosting recipe as well...Enjoy!! Happy Baking!!!

1 3/4 cups flour
2 cups sugar
3/4 cup Hershey cocoa
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
2 eggs
1 cup black coffee(I usually brew extra in the a.m. to have leftover for recipe)
1 cup sour milk (add 2 tsp. vinegar to sour)
1/2 cup oil
1 tsp. vanilla
pecans, walnuts or almonds chopped(optional) I used approx. 1/4 cup chopped almonds for garnish on top

 Heat oven to 350 degrees.  Beat eggs, oil, sugar and vanilla....Alternate dry ingredients and liquids..Grease and flour pans..(I use a little of sifted cocoa)..Bake 20 to 25 minutes for 2 round cake pans..If using a Bundt pan grease pan also and bake 45 minutes or until center comes out clean when inserting a toothpick..

Best Peanut butter Frosting!!!

Peanut Butter Frosting

18 oz. peanut butter
1 box 10 x sugar( confectionery)
1 stick butter (softened)
add milk until right consistency...add milk by 1 tablespoon at a time.

My Icing

1 box confectionery sugar
2 T. soft butter
1 tsp. vanilla extract.
Slowly beat in milk starting with 1/4 cup and add more if necessary for the soft, spreadable texture. Garnish with toasted almonds...





8/9/11

3 comments:

Moni said...

Chocolate cake looks very elegant and certainly very tasty. Wonderful idea is to shoot all the ingredients.

Quay Po Cooks said...

Your chocolate cake looks moist and delicious.

Anonymous said...

And I give you 10 for thsi.Would like to make it exept don't like using margarine,but can substitute;)