Monday, February 22, 2016

Pineapple Cream cake


When I started this year 2016 I knew I wanted to shed a few pounds.  I knew I was off track eating way too much sugar and carbohydrates .  I'm a candy and pasta lover!

So being upfront about my weaknesses I also knew I'd have some moments where my cravings would over take my sensible eating.

Having said that I'm owning that I'm about to splurge and make a cake.  It's an easy recipe using several things I seldom use as in cool whip and a cake mix.  I like scratch recipes but when I want an immediate fix it seems these two ingredients fulfill my needs.  Enjoy!






Awesome Topping!




  • 1 box yellow cake mix ( I used a white cake mix )
  • 4 eggs
  • ½ cup oil (I used canola oil)
  • 1 (8 oz) can crushed pineapple with juice
Frosting:
  • 1 (8 oz) container whipped topping, thawed
  • 1 small box instant vanilla pudding
  • 1 (8 oz) can crushed pineapple with juice

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 13x9 pan with cooking spray.
  2. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, eggs, oil, and 1 can of crushed pineapple with the juice. Mix well.
  3. Pour into prepared baking pan and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Allow to cool completely on a wire rack.
  4. In a medium sized bowl, fold together whipped topping, box of vanilla pudding, and 1 can crushed pineapple with the juice. Spread over the top of cooled cake. Enjoy!
Note:  My pan was a little larger than a13x9 so when I make it again and I will use the 13x9 as the recipe called for or increase my topping ingredients because the topping makes this cake super awesome.

Enjoy!

No comments: