Thursday, February 25, 2016

Chocolate and Cheesecake


It rained most of the day and when days are long and I get hungry well my head starts to spin and usually I either start baking or cooking.  I wanted something chocolate that was not only easy but quick to make so into my pantry and refrigerator I went and came up with this easy loaf cake.  Actually I managed to make two.  One for today and one to freeze.

Quick cakes and pies not only satisfy your sweet tooth craving they also are easy to make. Enjoy!


It's not a scratch cake but there are some days you make whatever you have hanging around and this is delicious. I like Betty Crocker Super Moist cake mixes for the times you are looking for an easy cake without fussing.



1 Devil's Food Chocolate cake mix (make according to directions) set aside

In another bowl place softened cream cheese, egg, vanilla, sugar and flour.  Beat well.
.
1-8oz. package softened cream cheese
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
1/4 cup sugar
2 T. all purpose flour

Grease a loaf pan or two (I used aluminum disposable) and pour half of chocolate cake mixture into pan(s).  With a large tablespoon, place half of cream cheese mixture in scoops on top of chocolate batter.  I did not swirl the cream cheese through the cake so it fell to the bottom when it baked and I thought that was fine. 

Note:  With a butter knife swirl the cream cheese mixture through the cake several times.  It will have a marble effect.








No comments: