Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Crockpot Orange Chicken

Easy dinner for us tonight because I was out shopping pretty much all day.  Before I left the house this a.m. I placed my chicken breasts and chicken broth in my crock pot on low and off I went.  I knew I'd be out for at least 4 hours so I set it on low to be safe.

This is another recipe that not only has only 5 ingredients but it's so darn easy that you can make it in no time and it is really tasty.  




4-5 Boneless Chicken Breasts - Thawed
2 cups chicken broth
3/4 cup Orange Marmalade(Store Brand is fine)
3/4 cup of BBQ sauce(I used Sweet Baby Ray's)
2 tbsp. Soy Sauce 
sesame seeds, optional

Cook the Chicken on low with the broth in the crock pot for about 3 hours.  Make sure to cover it tightly.  Fork test after 3 hours and then if it pulls apart drain the juice from the Crock Pot( I saved the broth in a container to be used in other recipes) and cut the chicken in large pieces.  



Mix the BBQ sauce, Orange Marmalade, and Soy Sauce in a bowl. You can double the amount if you like lots of juicy sauce for the rice.  Note:  Watch the amount of Orange Marmalade. It is very sweet) Return the chicken to the crock pot and pour
mix  over chicken, cover and cook on high for an additional 30 minutes.

Also if you like spicy I think a little red pepper might help bring some extra ump! Just sayin!

I served it over brown rice and I added some steamed broccoli to the mix before serving.  YUM


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Can't wait to try this with a kick of red pepper and jasmati rice!!! Yum!!!!