Thursday, October 15, 2015

Balsamic and peppers cube steak

Today was one of those days that I was in and out side but knew enough to take out a package of cubed steak.

For those of you who don't know what cube steak is. It is round steak that has been tenderized with a mallet to produce a more  tender piece of meat.  Round steak is a little tougher than a sirloin cut of meat so tenderizing it before helps to make it much more enjoyable to eat.

I made this meal very quickly using approx. 1 lb. round steak(cubed steak). 1 sliced sweet onion, 3 small variegated peppers, salt and pepper and balsamic vinegar.





Using a deep fry pan I placed about 4 T olive oil in pan. Placed my onion in the pan and added cube steak cut into bigger than bite size pieces.  Added my peppers and some salt and pepper and cooked on medium until the steak was browned pretty well and the peppers and onions were slightly soft.  At that time I added about 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar and about 1/4 cup or less of water.  Stirred everything with a large spoon and let it simmer until the balsamic started to reduce slightly.





Meanwhile in my microwave I place a 90 second package of rice.  When it was done place a good size scoop of rice on a plate and topped it with steak, peppers, onions and some of that great balsamic reduction.  Yum

Our side was baby spinach lightly sauteed in olive oil with a clove of mined garlic.  YUMMY

Enjoy!





No comments: