Thursday, October 8, 2015

My Tiramisu

Off the top of my head simplified no Marcarphone Tiramisu. 

I didn't have a recipe to follow but I had heavy whipping cream that was close to expiration date so I knew I needed to make something with it.  Didn't feel like strawberry shortcake but did feel like something with chocolate so I fudged and made my version of Tiramisu without the marscarpone cheese. LOL



Being creative works at times and this is a super easy hit!  Try it...It's really tasty and serves a nice group.  I'd say 8 to 10.  Enjoy!

Note:  I did not plan on posting this recipe so I think my presentation could have been a lot better.  You can create easy desserts using ingredients in your home.  I do it often. 





1 pt. heavy whipping cream (Beat with 1 tsp. vanilla and 1/3 cup confectionery sugar) Set aside
1 pkg. lady fingers(APPROX. 8 OZ.)
1 small pkg. chocolate instant pudding
2 cups milk
1 cup cooled brewed strong coffee***( save 1/4 cup)
cocoa powder for garnish

In a medium bowl place 3/4 cup brewed coffee.  Dip each lady finger slightly on each side and place standing up in a nice trifle bowl or glass bowl.  A taller bowl is needed for the height of the lady fingers.  It also presents well in glass.

Whisk pudding with milk and coffee(1/4 cup).

As pudding starts to thicken pour into center of bowl.  Top with whipped cream and garnish with cocoa.  Refrigerate until ready to serve.  YUM



No comments: