Friday, December 12, 2014

Chocolate pecan pretzel pie!

 This has been on my I must make list for so very long so I'm sharing it today hoping you'll make it............

I have all the ingredients so I was joking above but if you happen to make it before I do and want to share it on my Facebook page I'd love it.

It doesn't look difficult so just maybe there will be a Easter dessert that I'll be serving on Easter for the family.


 1 refrigerated pie crust
2 eggs
1 cup light corn syrup
2 T unsalted butter, melted 
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1 tap. Grated orange zest 
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
2 cups pecans
1/4 cup mini pretzels broken in pieces
3/4 cup chocolate chips

Heat oven to 350 degrees


Fit crust crust into 9" in pie plate. Make sure you create a thick rim.  Crimp and refrigerate until ready to fill.

In a large bowl whisk eggs, corn syrup, butter,vanilla,sugar and orange zest cinnamon and salt.

Stir in pecans, pretzels and chocolate chips.  

Spoon mixture into prepared pie crust.


Bake for 30minutes.

Cover the pie with foil and bake until the filling is puffed and the center is set.  15 to 20 minutes more.  Transfer to rack and cool to room temperature.

No comments: