Thursday, November 27, 2014

Our Traditional Thanksgiving 2014

I'm home and have my pj's on.  I am so full.  I didn't eat that much but a little of everything which obviously was too much being that I feel a slight bit uncomfortable.

We ate an early dinner at our daughter's which was fine with me because the older I get the more I am ready to get home at an early hour and relax.  Not that I don't relax there because I do.  Her home is very very comfortable and cozy too! She is an excellent cook and her specialty is turkey and chicken.  She has a gift for cooking one.  Tender, moist and cooked just right it; it is always cooked to perfection. 

We had plenty to eat as well as dessert too..


Here's a few photos showing our day.  Enjoy!


Small Pumpkin Cheesecakes

Anise Cookies

 We had turkey obviously, creamy mashed potatoes and gravy, marshmallow topped sweet potatoes, baked corn, sweet kernel corn, rolls and cranberries.  Dessert was fresh apple pie, pumpkin custard, pumpkin and plain cupcake cheesecakes and Italian Anise cookies.  Way too much but nothing will go to waste I am sure.  There are 4 grown men in the house.  Need I say anymore. :)







I only had a little bit and this really isn't a good representation of the meal but it was delicious.

The boys aren't babies anymore so good conversation and laughter is a big part of the fun of getting together with them telling stories.  The youngest though has to be pryed away from the TV.  He is so in to sports so getting him into the dining room was a little bit of a task but he came before anyone got upset.  Off goes the TV when we eat and I am for that for sure.

 Daniel the oldest said grace and everyone dived in anxious to eat.  We are so blessed!

Little Sophee was surely looking for some turkey too!

 








No comments: