Sunday, September 28, 2014

Caramel Fruit Dip

 This is a very good "Game Day" Appetizer!

I always keep caramel topping and cream cheese in  my refrigerator. The grandchildren love their sundaes and it seems a lot of the recipes I make include cream cheese so when I saw this recipe in a cookbook from several years ago I thought it might be a good choice for the upcoming holiday season.. Happy Entertaining!!

 2 pkg. (8 oz each.) cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup caramel ice cream topping
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/4 cup finely chopped peanuts(optional to sprinkle over top)
extra caramel topping (drizzle over top)

Either peel or serve with skins on for this easy dip~


Using a mixer, beat softened cream cheese until smooth..Beat in caramel topping, vanilla and cinnamon..Store in refrigerator..Serve with fruit

Note: Apples are a nice choice for this dip leaving skin on.  plus +(to keep apples from turning brown, slice and add 1 to 2 tsp. lemon juice to apples) Granny Smith, Braeburn, or Honey Crisp are good choices. .Sometimes I use a variety of apples which adds some nice color to the platter..

4/23/12

No comments: