Monday, August 18, 2014

Nate's Pineapple/Cheese Croissants!

Nate, our grandson, was over today and he wanted to bake. We went to the store and started thinking what  to bake (bad timing).  The place was a madhouse!  He loves pineapple and cheese so we decided we try our luck and create an easy version of a croissant.. No such luck!  There wasn't any pineapple pie filling so I had to make my own and we experimented with a croissant type Pillsbury Roll..  We used refrigerated Pillsbury  Big Buttery Crescent Rolls..  For a spur of the moment creation I was impressed..They were so good!!  He and my hubby devoured them !!!  I had enough of the cheese filling left to make some mini cheesecakes. All of this was experimentation!! Here are the pictures and the recipe( I didn't measure too well and kind of fudged a lot but this is my recollection..  The Crescent Rolls worked wonderful!!!! Enjoy!!!!!!!!! 

1  4 oz. cream cheese softened
1 egg yolk(preferred)
1/4 tsp. vanilla
1/4 cup sugar
*1/2 cup flour
*You can eliminate flour unless you are adding the whole egg.

Beat cream cheese, egg, sugar and vanilla until smooth..Add flour and beat until creamy..Set aside

Over low heat in a pot put pineapple juice and cornstarch..Whisk until smooth and thickened..Add crushed pineapple and cool..  
Note: or buy a can of pineapple pie filling to save some time.


One of the better ones


He took each croissant and cut off points and rolled it to the shape he wanted.


I put the cheese and pineapple in center and he closed




Pretty good for the first time! 


8/18/14
Post a Comment