Sunday, June 15, 2014

Happy Father's Day! The Menu and Meal (Pictures Included) 6/19/11

To celebrate the day I decided to make one of my husband's favorites.  STEAK! Other than Italian food  he loves a good steak. As an added surprise LOBSTER TAIL..Usually a NY strip steak but today it'll be Filet's (didn't find any nice strips). OK.. so here we go:

Filet from the Market and Lobster Tail(I boiled and then brushed with butter and a dash of paprika and broiled them until butter was bubbly).
Red leaf lettuce with strawberries and toasted pecans(lite orange dressing)
Baked Idaho Potato/butter
No rolls today(watching our waistline)

For Dessert: Fresh baked biscuits with homegrown strawberries(just did on a whim)(Did I mention this is his  FAVORITE DESSERT)!!!!!!!!!!!

I may add to this that I like a good filet on occasion and I do so love LOBSTER so I 'm happy about this menu as well! 

 Happy Baking and Cooking!









Note:  Just finished our dinner and it was of great quality and taste and my hubby said I get an A+...not really but he said it was perfect and thanked me so I guess I did good.







6/19/11

6 comments:

Jocie's Mom said...

He sounds like a lucky hubby! Can't wait to see the photo :)

M. J. Vitelli said...

Hi again: I just read a little more about where you live and my daughter and family are there or about to be arriving there..They are cruising!!!I like the restaurant reviews as well..I am trying to do that here in PA.

Gerry @Foodness Gracious said...

Mmmm, I cant wait for my special dinner, only 3 more hours. Your hubby is a lucky guy!!
Thanks for sharing...

M. J. Vitelli said...

Yes we have and it was delicious..No snacks for us today..Glad that you are enjoying the recipes..

Your brother in law said...

OK I finally got to see all your recipes. Im like Rachel = I only cook meals that take less than a half hour. However, now that Ive read your recipes I think Im going to increase my allowable cooking time. Glad you liked the gnocchi and keep up the exciting Blog.

M. J. Vitelli said...

Thanks Bro in Law for your nice comments..I try to make things easy and take less time but with those family recipes they didn't take short cuts....so keep tuned in for MY one two three steps for new versions of my take on family recipes..check out the Greens recipe..I threw in my version..Happy Baking and Cooking!!!!!!!!!