Monday, March 3, 2014

An Under 30 minutes Meal: Cracker coated Chicken!

While scouting through some magazines I came across what seemed to be an easy recipe for some thin filleted chicken breasts (I filleted them with one of my new knives). It was one of the color coated knives I bought the other day. I really like them and worry less about food contamination using them..

Using Club crackers I had (I crushed them).  I took the easy way and pounded them until they looked pretty good. Mine weren't very fine. They had some bigger pieces going through..  I dipped the chicken breasts in melted butter and coated them with the crushed crackers and some shredded blend of cheeses I had in my refrigerator.  Note:  I have made a similar recipe coating the chicken in plain yogurt to cut down on some calories.  Happy Baking and Cooking!  Enjoy!

I added some lightly sauteed zucchini to make the meal complete.


Here's the recipe: 

16 buttery crackers (I used club crackers but you can use whatever you would like)( A sweet cracker type works really well) Ritz
3 oz. shredded cheese (low fat cheese can be used as well  to cut down the fat and calories)
1 clove garlic minced
4 - 6 oz. boneless skinless chicken breasts
4  tablespoons unsalted butter, melted (or plain yogurt to cut fat content)
If using yogurt rub yogurt over chicken coating well.

Heat oven to 350 degrees..In a bowl combine crushed cracker, cheese, garlic, salt and pepper

Dip the chicken in the melted butter then in the cracker mixture, pressing gently to coat chicken..Place on foil lined pan. Note: My crackers were not finely crushed.


Fresh strawberries on pound cake for dessert. ( Angel Food Cake can be used for less calories)


Sprinkle any remaining cracker mixture on the chicken and drizzle any remaining butter.  Bake until Chicken is golden brown, approx. 25 to 30 minutes.

I 'm serving with Rice a Roni and lightly sauteed zucchini..Yummy!

5/4/12

No comments: