Friday, November 1, 2013

Caramel Apples!



A first try at making what was to be easy caramel apples.  I bought a kit!  The kit had the caramel and the sticks so it seemed easy enough but "sticky and messy" I wasn't counting on and it was. 

 Not that it was any big deal but inexperienced at this type of candy made me disappointed in the finished product. 

The really good part of this was that the caramel apples were really delicious.  The caramel was sweet and soft and hubby and I shared the first one. We both agreed they were pretty awesome.



 

Follow box instructions.
chopped pecans or nuts of choice

Make sure to wash and dry apples.  I used Granny Smith for they are crisp and tart.  Any crisp apple will do.  Make sure your apples are cold.  I refrigerated mine to make sure before I started the project.. 

Also note:  Make sure the caramel is melted thoroughly and on the thin side.  Mine was very thick and I think I should have microwaved it longer.

Happy Candy Making from my kitchen to yours,






11/13/12

No comments: