Thursday, October 31, 2013

Caramel Apple Dessert:

I made this dessert for one of my grandson's as a special BD treat.  Make it colorful for autumn by leaving the skins on the apples if you like.  It is also an easy holiday dessert.  Crispy apples make this dessert tasty.  Chopped peanuts are a plus! +

From my kitchen to yours,




Picture Perfect and Delicious too!
His mom is in charge of the cake but I usually make something they ask for  and today I took him to lunch and we came home to this dessert. Light and very tasty and if you like caramel apples( and my grandson does) this is definitely a must make dessert. I prefer scratch baking and cooking but sometimes quick and easy is the call of the day.  Enjoy!

60 vanilla wafers (crushed about 2 cups)
1/3 cup butter melted
1 pkg. 8 oz. cream cheese
1/4 cup sugar
3  1/4 cups milk divided
1 8 oz tub Cool Whip(thawed)
2 small pkg.vanilla instant pudding
1/2 cup caramel ice cream topping
1 each red and green apple, chopped
1/4 cup peanuts, chopped

Mix wafer crumbs and butter.. Press into bottom of 13x9 in pan.

Beat cream cheese, sugar and 1/4 cup milk with mixer until well blended
Stir in 1 cup Cool Whip, spread over crust.

Beat pudding mixes with remaining milk.  Whisk for about 2 minutes.  Stir in 1/4 cup caramel topping.  Spoon over cream cheese layer, top with remaining Cool whip.

Refrigerate for 5 hours or until firm..Top with chopped apples, nuts and remaining caramel topping just before serving..  A dessert that will be made again and again.




Press down the crust!












Before adding the apples and peanuts!

7/20/11

2 comments:

JoAnn said...

Wow! That looks great..... I think I will try making it...

M. J. Vitelli said...

It really is wonderful..Everyone loved it! Thanks for commenting..:)