Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Sweet Potato Gnocchi! #2 Illustration included

This is my recipe for sweet potato gnocchi and I have shown illustrations on how easy they are to make.  What better time to try this easy recipe?  No time like the fall when sweet potatoes (orange colored) are plentiful.  Enjoy!

Anyone who knows me know that I have lots of energy.  I  am overwhelmingly pitta, which according to an article I read from Dr. Oz,  is a person who likes to move.  It is so true.  I think there are times my family can't understand why I don't like to sit?  I rarely do, so today I had this HUGE sweet potato looking at me for a week and I decided since I had not a thing planned I was going to make sweet potato gnocchi with it.

 I have never looked up or Googled the recipe I just figured if I had trouble getting it work into the flour I'd call it my learning experience and go on!  Not so!  Here is the process and it was super easy.  Easier than regular potato gnocchi, honest!

I wish I was able to video a tutorial but I have only done one and most days when  I decide to try something different it's in the a.m. and quite honestly I am still in my night clothes with an apron over them.  Truth be told!


Seasoned with browned butter.  Oh so good!


Grilled and seasoned chicken )Rosemary, Thyme and olive oil)




Happy Baking and Cooking from my kitchen to yours,

 
M.J.



First my recipe:

1 Huge sweet potato (microwave until completely cooked and then cool completely)
2 cups all purpose flour
1 egg at room temperature
pinch salt

Note:  This recipe can be doubled or even tripled.  Watch the amount of flour.  You may only need 3 cups when making more potatoes.


After potato or potatoes have cooled completely; remove skin, put through ricer. (mine has two disks.  I used larger disk)
You can mash with electric mixer or food processor if you don't have a ricer.


Prick potato with fork and cover with paper towel and microwave until thoroughly cooked

When potato has cooled remove skin

Make sure potato or potatoes have cooled

Add flour cup by cup and work with hands to form a ball

Form into a ball

Place sections of dough on lightly floured board (I use acrylic , cleans easier)

Long roll

cut into pieces and score with for if desired

Place in lightly salted boiling water.  Stir and cook until gnocchi rise to top and cook for a few minutes more.





All recipes and their respective images are the sole property of I Like to Bake and Cook2013, all rights reserved. All content herein is meant for your personal enjoyment only and is in no way to be used for commercial purposes. Use of this site automatically constitutes your agreement to these terms.





9/3/12
2/22/13
10/2/13


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It looks so good,and you make it sound simple. I am definitely going to try it. Thanks!