Monday, September 30, 2013

Thai Chicken Skewers








News Flash!   Grill ran out of gas...so this meal is being cooked on broil in my oven!!!!!!!! Watch chicken closely as not to burn... Note:  this meal can be easily broiled in your oven and the peanut butter enhances the flavor.  Excellent!  Quick and Easy!

I came across this recipe in an appetizer cookbook and thought I'd use it for our Friday lunch or Saturday night quick meal..  I can see my tastes are expanding and not sure but I think I may have tasted something from a Thai menu before so I'm trying this easy recipe for a taste bud wake up call..   Here is the easy recipe.   Meal or Appetizer? I'm serving it with sides so I'm calling mine a meal...

Happy Cooking and Happy Entertaining!  Enjoy!!

1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
1 clove garlic minced
1 tsp. Tabasco hot pepper sauce (I substituted a hot sauce I had in my pantry)
1/2 tsp. ground coriander
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch pieces
Wooden skewers





I Placed all ingredients including chicken in a large storage bag.and kept squeezing bag to coat all chicken..then refrigerated until next day for use. Prepping before saves time!


Didn't know if it would work as well but we had to use oven broiler instead of (OUT OF GAS) grill)  Happy Ending :)  It worked fine.......:)


Combine all ingredients except chicken and skewers in medium bowl.( I put everything in a Zip lock bag to refrigerate.  Add chicken and toss to coat..  Cover and refrigerate for 6 to 8 hours.  Broil or grill, 6 to 8 minutes..turning frequently..(Do not overcook) Serve warm.


Note:  I am making this as our meal so I will serve the chicken with rice and steamed broccoli as sides.

Happy Cooking from my kitchen to yours,

 M.J.




9/2/11
12/29/12

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to see somebody else is using the same method to cover the chicken the good old plastic bag:))
It looks delicious..hope your grill gets fixed soon:).You see how we getcretaive when we have no other choice;)

M. J. Vitelli said...

You are so right! Enjoy the week!!

Whats Cookin Italian Style Cuisine said...

I can just see how this chicken would melt in my mouth and fall apart tender! Loving this one!