Monday, May 20, 2013

Making a tomato/basil Galette

If you like easy you're going to love this recipe!   Using the same concept as with my fruit Galette I am now using fresh tomatoes and basil.  When I think of summer I think of wonderful sweet red tomatoes. I added a large tablespoon of ricotta to the center before I baked it  to make it my way!   Enjoy!

Happy Baking and Cooking!

M.J.

1 lb. small tomatoes cut in quarters and sliced thin
1 T. extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp. oregano
1 tsp. minced garlic
3 tablespoons chopped kalamata olives(optional)
1 tsp. salt
freshly ground pepper
Prepared pie crust ( I used refrigerated Pillsbury Pie Crust)
1 egg beaten
4 basil leaves chopped
*Fresh ricotta cheese






Cut tomato in small sections.  In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, with oil, oregano, garlic, olives, salt and pepper; tossing well to mix.

Heat oven to 400 degrees.  Remove dough from refrigerator to a flat surface lined with lightly floured sheet of parchment paper.  Roll dough to a circle making sure not to roll it to thin.  Transfer dough onto baking sheet.

Gently spoon tomato mixture in center to make a packet, pinching sides every so often leaving the inner section open. Lightly brush the other edge with beaten egg.  Bake until crust is golden brown and tomatoes are softened about 20 to 30 minutes.  Start checking after 20 minutes and loosely cover with foil if it is browning too quickly.  Cool for 15 minutes, slice and sprinkle fresh basil on top. 

 
All recipes and their respective images are the sole property of I Like to Bake and Cook2013, all rights reserved. All content herein is meant for your personal enjoyment only and is in no way to be used for commercial purposes. Use of this site automatically constitutes your agreement to these terms.




6/12/12

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love gallette, it takes all the stress of me not being perfect way from baking! These sound so fresh, perfect for summer!