Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Asian Stir Fry Beef! A Light and Easy Dinner for two


Tonight dinner was Asian Stir Fry Beef with rice and veggies along with a side salad of cucumbers and red beets..Oh so Yummy!





The salad was very easy to make:




I used one seedless cucumber, half sliced leaving outside green on and the other half I removed the outside green, 1 can sliced red beets, drained, 1 sliced scallion , 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar, a bit of salt and pepper and a pinch of sugar. Toss gently and serve or refrigerate until beef is ready.



I'm working at keeping as many meals light and easy and this recipe appealed to me and I think my hubby will like it too!

Using some thinly sliced sirloin or top round steak(about 1/2 lb.) I seasoned it with about 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce.

Heat 2 tablespoons canola oil
Place steak in canola oil and cook until browned
Add 1 bag frozen stir fry or Asian vegetable mix with brown and wild rice
1 tablespoon ginger
2 tsp. minced garlic
1 or 2 sliced scallions
1/4 cup chopped dry roasted peanuts.



After steak is browned transfer to dish and set aside.  Add vegetable mix and rice to juices and stir fry until vegetables are tender and rice is cooked. Add ginger and garlic.  Stir fry for several minutes.  Add steak, rice, scallions and peanuts.  Stir fry until heated through. Enjoy!


Lean protein and veggies..
Healthy eating!  

Happy Healthy Cooking! 



M.J.



1/6/12
5/22/13

1 comment:

Elpiniki said...

I m not familiar with asian cuisine, but this looks great and easy!