Friday, May 24, 2013

Asian Fried Rice with beef!

I wanted to start the New Year off right and this meal appealed to me and I think my hubby will like it too! Unfortunately I forgot to take a few photos so this is the recipe.

 Using some thinly sliced sirloin or top round steak(about 1/2 lb.) I seasoned it with about 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce.

 


Heat 2 tablespoons canola oil

Place steak in canola oil and cook until browned

Add 1 bag frozen stir fry or Asian vegetable mix

1 pouch frozen brown rice( microwave according to directions)
1 tablespoon ginger
2 tsp. minced garlic
1 or 2 sliced scallions
1/4 cup chopped dry roasted peanuts.



After steak is browned..transfer to dish and set aside. Add vegetables to juices and stir fry until vegetables are tender..Cook rice according to directions. Add ginger and garlic. Stir fry for several minutes. Add steak, rice, scallions and peanuts. Stir fry until heated through.. 

Enjoy! Lean protein and veggies..Healthy eating! Happy Healthy Cooking!

No comments: