Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Sirloin Patties and Arborio Rice with a side salad!

Easy dinner tonight!  Fresh sirloin patties.  I am trying to cut back on large amounts of red meat but tonight meal will be acceptable.  Lean and freshly ground sirloin is probably one of my hubby favorites.  Cooked in just the right amount of olive oil with a pinch of salt and pepper has always been one of his favorites.  He thoroughly enjoyed it and so did I.  Once and a while a nice lean patty hits the spot especially with fried onions.  Yum!

I sauteed an onion and a leek in olive oil.  When the onions were browned I added my sirloin patties and cooked over low heat until slightly pink. A green side salad with scallions and chives and one (1) scoop of Italian Arborio Rice cooked according to directions.

Here's the plate! I used an ice cream scooper to make sure of the portion size.  I'm trying to cut back on carbs........


 and an extra picture of the creamy Arborio Rice!  Delish!!

Happy Cooking from my kitchen to yours,

M.J.

No comments: