Friday, March 15, 2013

Quick and easy cheesesteak sandwiches: Good comfort food for a nice change!

Lots of peppers and onions make this so good.

I thought I'd add some Salsa con Queso melted to mine..It added a little cheesy spice flavor!


  Snowy Saturday:  Make some comfort! I thought I'd try some frozen thin (we used to call them minute steaks) easy to make sandwich steaks.. I add peppers, onions and cheese to top these easy sandwiches and I usually toast the bread a bit. . I remember making this type of frozen quick steak some years ago and graduated to fresh thinly sliced fresh steak but today I'm giving them another try and it becomes a quick lunch or dinner sandwich.. We thoroughly enjoyed them! 

4 sandwich steaks( I make thin slices out of them)
1 pepper sliced thin
1 small onion sliced thin
Sliced cheese or as I'll use today some cheese sauce

or you can make these easy sausage patties and add some fried onions and peppers 



In a skillet with a small amount of oil, place thinly sliced onion and pepper..Cook until they are tender..Add sliced steak and cook until crispy and browned slightly....Serve on crusty or soft rolls of choice.  Just add a few pickles and it's a done deal.  Enjoy

Store bought sausage fried or baked, chicken patties or adding some red or yellow peppers will work too!.....Yummy!

2/1/12




No comments: