Thursday, February 14, 2013

Easy to Make a Cake your way!

Yummy, Yummy, Yummy!!!!!!!!!

When Valentine's Day approaches my mind always goes to what my mother had told me a very very long time ago.  She would say "Just remember, a way to a man's heart is through his stomach". I always believed that to be true and have made it a point to make meals and desserts that my hubby enjoys.  Is it just me or are there others who feel that making a loved one some favorite food puts a smile on their face and makes you happy too!  So double happiness!!

This Valentine's Day I made two of my hubby's favorite pies. I made them both this morning and it took maybe 2 hours from start to finish to complete them.   A nectarine cream pie (I found several nice ones and let them sit on my counter for a few days) and an traditional apple pie.

The heart is two nectarine slices I put together and sprinkled heavily with cinnamon
My hubby gave me 12 of these beauties!





They both were very easy to make and I used disposable cake pans to make both.  How easy is that?  No clean up after.  Just throw them away!   I used a previous recipe I had for a peach cream pie, used the nectarines instead and even used a refrigerated pie shell for both pies..It made it really very easy to please my guy and I didn't spend a whole lot of time preparing them..  Hope you are enjoying a wonderful Valentine's Day! 


Happy Easy Baking in your kitchen and mine too!!



M.J.



All recipes and their respective images are the sole property of I Like to Bake and Cook2013, all rights reserved. All content herein is meant for your personal enjoyment only and is in no way to be used for commercial purposes. Use of this site automatically constitutes your agreement to these terms.




If you would like the link to the peach pie here it is: 
http://iliketobakeandcook.blogspot.com/2011/07/peaches-and-cream-cheese-torte.html



2/14/12

3 comments:

Crunchy Creamy Sweet said...

Beautiful roses, beautiful pies! Looks like you guys are having a great Valentine's Day!

M. J. Vitelli said...

Yes we are. Hope you are too!

Adele - The Dutch Door Kitchen said...

Pretty pies - never had a nectarine pie; will have to try that.