Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Peaches, Cherries and Cream Cheese Torte:

I added fresh bing cherries to this torte for an equally great taste!
Amazing custard mixed though out the peaches. Delightful dessert!



I made this torte last summer but after some recent chat about tart pans I wanted to share this recipe again.   It was wonderful and really easy to make.

Happy Baking from my kitchen to yours,

 
M.J.
This is a really easy recipe and delicious as well

Crust:
½ cup butter
1/3 cup sugar
1 cup all purpose flour
2/3 cup chopped pecans(I eliminated the pecans)
½ tsp vanilla extract

Filling:

1 (8 oz.) Package cream cheese softened
1 egg
¼ tsp. Almond extract
¼ cup sugar
½ tsp. Vanilla extract
 2 cups fresh sliced peaches (if using a combination of fruit make sure it's total fruit is 2 cups)
½ tsp. Ground cinnamon

Preheat oven to 450 degrees
To make crust,  mix 1/2 cup softened butter, 1/3 cup sugar, flour, pecans and ½ tsp. vanilla extract in  a bowl..Press into the bottom of a 10 inch pie plate.( I used a Quiche pan) I liked it because it was deeper and less chance of crust browning to much.

Bake the crust in  preheated 450 degree oven for 5 minutes..Remove and allow to cool.
Meanwhile, beat the cream cheese, egg, almond extract, ¼ cup sugar, and ½ tsp. vanilla extract in a bowl until smooth.. Gently fold in peaches into cream cheese mixture. Spread the filling over the cooled crust..Sprinkle with cinnamon..Return to oven,  bake at 450 degrees for  10 minutes.. Reduce heat to 325 degrees and continue to bake for 20 to 25 minutes.



Dough will be soft and easy to press in pan

Ready to bake for 5 minutes and then  cool before filling


Toss peaches in cream cheese mixture


Top with cinnamon and bake for an additional  20 to 25 minutes..Make sure to cool completely before serving.




Note:  I used fresh peaches in one torte and I made another and I used fresh blackberries and raspberries..Make sure you cool completely after baking before cutting.  I used a Quiche pan for one and a pie pan for the other..I preferred the  9 inch Quiche pan..It was a little deeper and I felt the depth made the custard showier..Even so these tortes were extremely tasty and looked as good as they tasted..

No comments: