Thursday, January 17, 2013

Easy Greek Pizza for the Mediterranean Style pizza lovers!

I love pizza and Greek Style pizza is a favorite of mine so I decided to try making one for us.

 Hubby likes Margarita pizza and that's usually what I make most of the time but today I tried to duplicate a Greek pizza.   Here's my version...If you like cheese, tomatoes,onions, olives, and spinach  this is a great pizza.  Try it!!.***Lighter version use light cheese.

Here goes:  I used my regular size pizza pan and lightly sprayed it with cooking oil.    I have used **Rhoades frozen bread dough and followed their instructions. Rhoades bread dough is fantastic and it takes a little more preparation for the light airy dough.  I follow the instructions for *pizza  dough according to directions.

For a quicker pizza  I use  Pillsbury refrigerated dough too.  It's an easy way to make a pizza crust and the difference being the crust is not as light as the Rhoades dough but still really good. It's a little sweeter dough.

  If I use Pillsbury dough  I pre bake about 10 minutes, take out of oven and layer mozzarella,cooked spinach etc.  (I usually make this pizza when I have seasoned spinach.  It gives the pizza a little more flavor.  I top the crust mozzarella, spinach, onion , black olives and sliced tomatoes for the last topping.  Garnish with a little oo and dried basil and crumbled feta..

I'm hoping my instructions were easy to follow.  I try not to get to wordy and I hope this recipe was easy to understand.  It is really an easy pizza and I believe in trying it once and you'll be fine.  Pizza is healthy and a satisfying food choice.



Happy Pizza Making,



M.J.




Ingredients:
1 pizza shell *(note above)*(Rhoades frozen dough or Pillsbury refrigerated)
1 thinly sliced fresh tomato
*chopped sweet  or red onion (I used sweet onion)(*I saute my spinach with onion before using.) I think it is better than raw onion for this pizza. 
sliced black olives
shredded mozzarella
*cooked spinach (seasoned with olive oil, salt and pepper and *onions)
crumbled feta
drizzle olive oil
dash salt and pepper

Follow instructions on dough package.  *The frozen dough will have to be allowed to rise.  Allow extra time.

Steps to pizza:   On prepared crust, first  sprinkle shredded mozzarella, then sauteed spinach, onions mixed together, sliced olives, sliced tomatoes  and crumbled feta.  Sprinkle with pinch salt, pepper and a little dried basil if desired. .Note:  Refer to photo above and duplicate look.   Bake 400 degrees until mozzarella has melted and tomatoes start to brown slightly...Depending on what dough recipe you use.  I usually bake my pizza in a hot oven (400) anywhere from 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly browned. ***Note:  Be careful on Pillsbury refrigerated dough..It may bake quicker...


No comments: