Thursday, January 17, 2013

Easy Sauce Lasagna!

There are times when you don't want to spend a lot of time in preparation..Today was one of those days.  I know I could have used jarred sauce but truth be told I like making my own sauce and it doesn't have to take hours of preparation either.  I also am visiting a friend and her condo is very small so I am trying to do a lot of cooking in a crock pot when I can and I'm using disposable aluminum pans to make the cleanup easier.  You can make it easy on yourself too and you'll have leftover sauce for later...Easy and it's homemade!  You know exactly what's in this sauce.  

Happy Cooking,



M.J.




Here is exactly what I did today to make sauce for today's lasagna in hopefully easy to understand illustrations.

On top of stove brown 1 1/2 lb. ground beef and pork in a little olive oil  with 2 cloves minced garlic, salt and pepper,  Italian seasoning and a little red pepper.

Add 1 can tomato paste and two cans water.  Place all in crock pot and add 2 or 3 large cans Tomato sauce (depending on size of crock pot). Cover, place on low and it should be ready to eat in several hours.  No need to check it if you have it on low..

Ingredients:  Barilla no bake lasagna noodles, ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese, ground meat, tomato paste, tomato sauce

Place several scoops sauce to cover bottom of pan and layer, pasta, ricotta, mozzarella, Italian gated cheese and continue layering until you use approximately 1 box of no bake pasta.  Buy two boxes just in case your pan is larger..You may need more than 1 box

Ready to bake..350 degrees approximately 40 minutes covered.  5 minutes uncovered.  Set 10 minutes and serve...
.


No comments: