Monday, January 28, 2013

Easy 30 minute Light, Healthy Meal!

There are days when I am so glad that I have boneless chicken breasts in my freezer.  They are super handy for quick meals.  I usually buy a package either in my grocery store or Costco.  I watch for sales and take advantage of a good buy. It never hurts to have boneless chicken in your freezer for the super quick meal.

   Note:  I usually take several out of the freezer in the evening or a.m. and place in refrigerator until ready to use.

***In less than 30 minutes I had a healthy meal on the table.

I dipped these boneless chicken breasts in egg, (you can use some plain yogurt in place of the egg to spread on chicken as well) coat with homemade bread crumbs.  (regular or seasoned breadcrumbs work fine). ***Yogurt is a nice alternative to egg.

Today I made some  Butternut squash as our veggie.  I haven't prepared Butternut squash very often but the last few years I found that is it a nice veggie addition. The key is to wash and cut the squash in sections. You can either slice or dice the squash (first remove seeds from center.  I cut the squash in large sections and wrapped the pieces in paper towels and microwaved for about 5 to 7 minutes, depending on how large the section is.  I topped the squash with a bit of brown sugar.

It was a veggie night so we also had some sauteed baby spinach (remove stems). I sauteed the spinach in a few tablespoons olive oil with 1 clove minced garlic, salt and pepper.  I added some canned whole cranberries for some added color.

Happy Quick Cooking in my kitchen,


M.J.



I let my bread out uncovered for several days and using the small grater side made some homemade bread crumbs.  Place in sealed bag or container and store in cool spot.



Light olive oil or you can spray the pan with cooking spray

No comments: