Sunday, November 11, 2012

Chicken Tetrazzini



I had it in my mind to make this for our Sunday dinner along with some cupcakes and caramel apples but the beautiful sunshine made me yearn for the outdoors.  Out I went to enjoy the early afternoon and I surely did.  It was a truly lovely day!

Now on to my menu.  I squashed making the cupcakes and  caramel apples!!  I promise they are soon to come! and decided to make the Chicken Tetrazzini . Note: I  used a short cut and instead of cooking my chicken separately  I used a store bought Rotisserie chicken and cleaned and cut the chicken into pieces.  It was wonderful and it took half the time.  Enjoy!









3 cups cooked Rotini, spaghetti or pasta of choice
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1/4 cup flour
1 cup chicken broth(you may need to add a little more if the mixture thickens too much)
1 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 1/2 to 3 cups cubed chicken
1/2 cup sliced mushrooms optional
sprinkle of dried parsley

In a large saucepan melt butter and blend in flour.  Gradually stir in broth and cream..Cook stirring constantly over low heat until sauce thickens.  Blend cheese and continue stirring until cheese melts.  Stir in remaining ingredients until heated through.  Makes 4 servings.. Note:  You can easily place all ingredients in an oven safe dish after all pasta is coated with white sauce and mixed;  place in low oven (300 degree), top with some additional grated cheese and cover for an additional 10 minutes to keep warm until ready to serve.  Add a side salad and you have a great meal!

Happy Cooking from my kitchen to yours,

 
M.J.

No comments: