Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Date Drop Cookies: Aunt Hilda's Recipe + Cool Gift #5

Aunt Hilda's Recipe:

When I was first married, Aunt Hilda  and Uncle George were family that my hubby and I visited now and then ..Aunt Hilda was my hubby's aunt on his Dad's side of the family.  She was a great cook and served gigantic meatballs which looked like little meat loafs but rounded...but now getting back to her cookies...I had never eaten dates so I was reluctant to eat anything where dates were included; not wanting to offend her I did try one of the cookies("come on you must eat just one" were her words).  Embarrassed I took one and the rest is history...Love them and I am sure you will too!   Happy Baking !










Date Drop Cookies (Aunt Hilda’s Recipe)


½ lb. butter softened
1 cup sugar
Cream together

Add 3 eggs
1 tsp. baking soda
1 cup coconut
½ lb. chopped dates
½ cup chopped nuts
3 cups flour

Drop by teaspoonful onto greased cookie sheet and bake 375 degrees for approximately 10 minutes.

 Note: I decided to frost mine but you don't have to..It was just a touch I decided to do at the last minute..

Happy Baking from my kitchen to yours


M.J.
 

Cool Gift #5  Smart Stick Hand Blender or Immersion Blender

Great for smoothies, soups and sauces!  Easy to use and store.  I love using it to blend veggies to thicken soups! Example:  Cream of broccoli soup.  







11/24/11 


No comments: