Sunday, August 16, 2020

For the Kiddo's

About 5 years ago or so I decided I wanted to make some Grammy and Poppy memories so one weekend in December we invite our grandchildren to our house for a sleepover.  It doesn't have to be a sleepover and it doesn't have to be a weekend it's really about making some memories. What ever works! 

I try to buy a pre made Gingerbread House!  Note:  Pre made, in the box, ready to decorate are the way to go!!!! unless you like to get into all the work that is involved making a from scratch Gingerbread House and that is not what I felt would work for us.

FYI: You can purchase one of these houses at Bed, Bath and Beyond and I even saw them at Costco.  I am sure you can find them almost anywhere.

We pick a Friday or Saturday in December and email our two children with the dates and see what works for them.  We work around their schedule now that we have teenagers to deal with.  It was a lot easier when they were little.  Busy kids, busy!  We do it somehow!



This year will be interesting!  Two 16 year old, one 13 yr. old, one 12 and one 9 so I'm guessing the oldest will come but not participate.  He is our oldest grandson and I think we'll have him be the judge of the "whose gingerbread house is the coolest:"?  I'm figuring it's not COOL to be helping make a Gingerbread House!



I have to be honest and say it is a bit messy but controllable. They provide you will everything you need to decorate.  I have extra mini chips and candy just in case.

Here are a few photo's from previous years.  It is really lots of fun and you'll make some wonderful memories for years to come.

Happy Holiday fun Baking from my kitchen to yours,

M.J.

No comments: