Sunday, November 25, 2012

Candied Fried Pecans: A new recipe!!!




New Recipe:
 
 
I love my recipe for Spiced Pecans but I couldn't resist trying this new recipe I found in a magazine.
I doubled the recipe and played around with the seasoning.  The recipe was super easy and the pecans were eaten quickly. 
 
*** Note: The only suggestion I may add is that to make sure the pecans are thoroughly cooled and dried before storing.

 1 T unsalted butter
1 cup pecan halves
2 T granulated sugar
Generous pinch of ground cinnamon, paprika, cayenne pepper, kosher salt
2 tsp. honey

Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat.  Add the pecans and sugar. 
Sprinkle in the spices and salt.  Toss the pecans to coat them well with butter and cook until they start turning brown and shiny, about 5 minutes

Remove pan from heat.  Wait 30 seconds, then add the honey, tossing well to coat the pecans.  Spread on plate and cool. I used a cookie sheet layered with parchment paper for easy clean up!

No comments: