Monday, November 26, 2012

Gingerbread House Christmas Tradition:

Morning to you! I don't know if I have ever mentioned to you about several traditions we have in the I like to bake and cook house. 



The first tradition to attempt every year is to have our grandchildren over for a day or sleep over and make a Gingerbread House. This year the planned date is Dec. 7th. Fingers crossed!! ( 5 grandchildren ranging from 16 to 9). We started a little late the y
oungest was 4. Don't know how much interest the (2)16 yr. old will be in this? They can judge the " whose Gingerbread house is the best contest"? ~~~~~~~~~~~

I buy a store pre packaged Gingerbread house at one of the discount stores. More and more stores carry them. $10.00 or less.

They are already put together so all the kids or grandchildren have to do is decorate them. A little messy but they have lots of fun doing them and it makes for some great photos and fantastic laugh out memories.

I am searching for some previous funny photo's of my grandchildren doing this to share. Have a great day and I'll share with you the next family tradition tomorrow. :)♥

Happy Baking and Cooking from my kitchen to yours,
 
M.J.


No comments: