Sunday, July 29, 2012

Good Morning! A twist to French Toast:: Cinnamon Bread with a hint of orange

 Good Morning!  It's Orange Cinnamon French Toast for my guys!!!!Adding some orange juice to this recipe for a touch of orange to the flavor..(You can also squeeze a fresh orange into the batter).

Happy Cooking from my kitchen to yours,


M.J.
Poppy and Nate enjoyed their breakfast!

Frying in butter of course!

How about this pic?  Catching the actual flip of the bread.
6 slices Cinnamon bread
2 eggs
1 cup milk
1 tsp. vanilla
2 tsp. orange juice  (1/4 tsp. if using orange extract)
2 tablespoons butter

Whisk eggs, milk, orange juice and vanilla.  Dip bread in mixture...In skillet place 2 tablespoons butter..When butter is melted place each slice in skillet and cook until each side is slightly browned..Top with butter and cinnamon...Serve with fresh orange slices and Maple syrup if desired..

Happy Baking and Cooking from my kitchen to yours,
 
M.J.





3 comments:

LaMagicaZucca said...

Thanks for stopping by to check out my blog and adding to my followers.
I really like your blog, I love your recipes.
I'm your followers now!
The magic pumpkin

Anonymous said...

Great combination for french toast;)

M. J. Vitelli said...

Thanks for commenting! Sometimes just adding a bit of another flavor adds some piazzz to your recipe.