Thursday, July 19, 2012

Lemon, Lime or Raspberry! You make your own cooler!

Here's a diet conscious recipe for a quick cooler that I thought my friends might enjoy!

I love sherbet and I remember as a teenager going to the nearby soda shop and asking for this.  I'm sure they used whole milk but I want to make this with less fat and calories.   It brings back many fond memories.

Pull up a chair, relax and enjoy!

M.J.

Lime

Here we go! You have to try it!!!!!!! Cool and refreshing lime.  It reminds me of a milkshake but it has a lot less calories..






2 1/4 cups milk( I used skim milk)
3/4 cup frozen limeade concentrate
3 cups lime sherbet

Place all ingredients in a blender, cover and process until smooth.  Pour into chilled glasses.  Serve immediately. Serves approx. 6 people using on the rocks type glasses .

My single serving recipe:

1 cup skim milk
1/4 cup limeade (frozen limeade juice)
1 cup lime sherbet

Blend until desired consistency.  Makes one (1) 8 oz. tall glass..I loved it!!


No comments: