Friday, June 29, 2012

Mango/Pineapple Dip or Salad Dressing

 Two more suggestion for fresh mangoes!  If you haven't tried one it's a must.  Just make sure you remove the outer skin you'll love it!

Happy easy recipes from my kitchen to yours,


M.J


Mango/Pineapple dip:

When I was grocery shopping I bought a Mango not knowing what I was going to do with it other than clean  and eat it. That's when I decided it was time for me to do something fun with it.   I used what I had in my kitchen that I thought might compliment the flavor. Voila!  It is truly wonderful.  Two ways to serve it!  A definite plus +.




1 cup cubed Mango(remove skin)
4 oz. softened cream cheese
3/4 tsp. lime rind
4 tablespoons applesauce or (small individual serving size) 3.9 oz.
1 can (8 oz.) pineapple tidbits( drain and reserve juice)
toasted coconut (optional)
fresh fruit cut in pieces

In a food processor or blender put mango, pineapple, 1/2 tsp. lime rind, applesauce. Pulse,  add softened cream cheese.  Pulse until all is blended..Chill  Top with a little lime rind and toasted coconut. Wonderful!  Serve with hulled strawberries or other easy to eat fruit, or salty pretzel sticks!!!!    Enjoy

Plus this: +
For an nice option...you can use this as a light and creamy salad dressing.  You can thin it slightly if you would like with some of the pineapple juice you have reserved.  So good!!  

No comments: