Thursday, June 28, 2012

Microwave Tapioca: I'm making it the easy way!!

I remember my mother in law making Tapioca pudding.  It was one of her favorites and my hubby's too!

She made her tapioca on the stove top which at the time was all she had.  Modern technology hadn't caught up as yet and there weren't any other options.




Earlier in the day I made a fresh pitcher of Green tea with wild berries, oranges and lemons.  Very refreshing for a hot summer day!


Happy Baking and Cooking from my kitchen to yours,
 
M.J

Today I'm venturing into the world of the microwave oven.  I use my microwave for a several things but I have never used it to make Tapioca.  Here is the recipe.

1/3 cup sugar
3 T  Minute Tapioca
2-3/4 cups milk (I used 1%)
1 egg well beaten
1 tsp. vanilla

Mix sugar, tapioca, milk and egg in medium saucepan.  Let stand 5 minutes.

Microwave in large microwaveable bowl.  Microwave on high 10 to 12 minutes until mixture comes to a full boil, stirring every 3 minutes.  Tapioca will thicken as it cools.  Cover and refrigerate after slightly cooled.

Note:  I had a really ripe Mango and cut it up and pureed it. I used the puree to top the tapioca.  Tasty treat!


2 comments:

Jerry Lutker said...

When do you add milk and vanilla

M. J. Vitelli said...

A I add the milk mixing it with the tapioca at the beginning. I add vanilla after it is cooked.