Saturday, June 30, 2012

Black Olive Tapenade!





  • Todays 7/23/2023 Tapenade.   I ate a lot lol with plain unsalted crackers.  So yummy!




I’m making this for a social next week!  It’s delicious!  Of course I love olives so this is a favorite.
  • Easy to make, serve or bring along to your July 4th BBQ.
  •  
  •  I wanted something a bit salty today and I had some Italian sliced bread so I checked this recipe out on all recipes.  I found it to be just what I was craving.  I do have to admit I love salt but if you use Kalamata olives I would suggest you eliminate the salt.  Kalamata olives are very salty.  I adapted this recipe and used a can of drained black pitted olives. I toasted my bread first and spread a generous portion of the Talapede on it.  Shred or break a few pieces of Italian cheese for garnish or shredded Parmesano Reggino.  This is a nice appetizer and quick to put together.



  •  
  • Happy Baking and Cooking from my kitchen to yours,
  •  
  •  
    M.J.

  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  • 3 cloves garlic, peeled
  • 1 cup pitted kalamata olives (I used drained, pitted canned black olives)
  • 2 tablespoons capers
  • 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
  • 2 tablespoons lemon juice
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • salt and pepper to taste( I did not add salt but added red pepper granules to it)
  • red pepper flakes (optional)
Note: Grated or broken in pieces Pecorino Romano cheese

****I have made Tapenade before using both black and green olives so if you're adventurous try making it with both olives. 

Directions

  1. Place the garlic cloves into a blender or food processor; pulse to mince. Add the olives, capers, parsley, lemon juice, and olive oil.   Blend until everything is finely chopped.  Season to taste with a pinch of salt and pepper. Place all in a serving bowl and serve with toasted french bread, Italian Crostini or round plain crackers.
Supporting Member (Click to learn more about Supporting Membership)


1 comment:

Angie's Recipes said...

It looks so very tasty! I for sure go for more red pepper flakes ;-))