Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Easy Cheesy/ chive appetizer puffs!



 My version of an easy cheese puff.  I saw a basic recipe in one of my newspaper inserts and thought I'd try it.  I added some bacon bits and chopped chives to give these little puffs a bit more taste.  I felt that alone they tasted like Cheeze It's and that's Ok but felt that a bit of chive flavor would do it and it certainly did.  I also added some bacon bits to half of the recipe to see how the flavor worked.  Success!

Happy Baking and Cooking from my kitchen to yours!

 
M.J.




1 cup Cheddar cheese, grated
½ cup all purpose flour
2 tablespoons butter (softened)
2 to 4 tablespoons water (add a little at a time until balls can be formed)
1 tsp. fresh chopped chives (optional)
1 tsp. bacon bits (optional)


Preheat oven to 400.

Mix cheese, flour and butter in large bowl with fingertips.  Add just enough water to make a stiff dough.  Don’t overmix.  Roll dough into balls.  Place on greased cookie sheet.. Bake about 15 minutes or until lightly browned.  Makes about 20

3 comments:

Angie's Recipes said...

They look fingerlicking!

Al Son Del Mortero said...

¡¡ EXQUISITOS!!!Me encanta como te han quedado y una combinaciĆ³n perfecta!!
Un Besote

Kelly | Eat Yourself Skinny said...

What a great recipe, this looks super delicious! :)