Monday, May 14, 2012

Italian stuffed chicken with Vodka sauce

I saw this recipe of Wolfgang Puck's so it'll be on our table at dinnertime.

My hubby loves Vodka sauce and I usually make my own but by chance I found a jarred vodka sauce and I will give it a try.

The ingredients sound so yummy so it's going to be Italian Chicken Tonight!




Happy Baking and Cooking from my kitchen to yours,

 
M.J.

4 (8 oz.) boneless chicken breasts halves
4 slices prosciutto
4 slices provolone cheese
3 T. extra virgin olive oil
pinch of red pepper flakes
1 T. chopped fresh rosemary
2 T. white wine
kosher salt
black pepper
1 1/2 cups vodka sauce
4 T. breadcrumbs
1 T. melted butter





Heat oven to 400 degrees.  Pound chicken to 1/4 in. thickness.  Season with salt and pepper.  Place one slice of ham and cheese on each breast.  Roll up for a jelly roll.  Secure with skewer or tie with string.

Whisk olive oil, red pepper flakes, rosemary, wine, salt, pepper and vodka sauce. Pour into a 13 x9 inch baking dish.  Sprinkle with breadcrumbs mixed with melted butter.  Cover with parchment paper and aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes.  Remove foil and continue to bake for an additional 20 more minutes.  Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.

Note:  My opinion on this meal was that the Vodka sauce could be easily substituted with Marinara sauce and it would be equally enjoyable.  

No comments: