Saturday, April 14, 2012

Good Morning! Easy Breakfast Casserole!

Our community is having a breakfast social today at our clubhouse and hubby requested my breakfast casserole.  I have tried similar versions but seem to like this one the best.This was a big hit but I was in a hurry so I'm forgot to take photos....

Layer a 9x13 inch glass pan with 4 split buttered English muffins.  Cook your sausage or bacon(approx. 1 lb.) until browned and broken apart.



In a separate bowl beat 6 eggs with 2 cups half and half. Yep half and half!:)

Place cooked meat on top of buttered English muffins and then pour egg/half and half mixture on top and cover with 2 cups grated cheese.  Note: any cheese of choice.  I used for this bake, Monterrey Jack, American and a bit of Vermont Cheddar and added a little of Sharp Cheddar on top for color.(cheese to total 2 cups)  Place in refrigerator overnight and take out of oven 15 minutes prior to baking.  Bake covered approximately 45 minutes .

Happy Baking and Cooking from my kitchen to yours,

M. J. 


**I'm thinking some Pecorino Romano cheese might be a cheese option as well.

 All recipes and their respective images are the sole property of I Like to Bake and Cook™ ©2012, all rights reserved. All content herein is meant for your personal enjoyment only and is in no way to be used for commercial purposes. Use of this site automatically constitutes your agreement to these terms.

1 comment:

easyfoodsmith said...

Yum! Who wouldn't fall in love with such a delicious breakfast...It sounds great!