Thursday, April 26, 2012

Celebrating my Birthday with friends!

I like to celebrate birthdays!  Whether it is mine or someone else.  When our children were growing up I always made them a cake and when they were teenagers there was always a cake.  I would make my parents a  cake and visit them (we lived close).  I feel BD's are special.. Life is a gift so why not celebrate!

As I am getting older I think I want to celebrate even more.  I started giving myself a gift every year.  Nothing big or fancy.  Last year it was new fun glasses.  This year I gave in a got a new smartphone.  I had resisted but I think it was time to be with the new generation and my new phone is definitely a step in the right direction.

 I celebrated the whole day.  Breakfast, shopping, a movie (The Three Stooges).  I chose a movie that I thought would make me laugh.  No serious movies today!  Dinner was wonderful.  A great Italian meal at  Buca di Beppo with friends!  They sang Happy Birthday!  Fun! Fun! Fun!

Make sure you celebrate your BD.  Remember life is a gift so celebrate!

 I made myself a cake yesterday!  Strawberry Banana !  So when it's your BD make yourself a cake or buy a cupcake.  No matter just celebrate!


Penne with Vodka sauce
Penne, veal parm and stuffed chicken ..

Italian lemon cake with raspberry sauce




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I throw myslef a champagne bruch for my bd. With grilled salmon, grits, shrimp, fruit salad cinammon rolls and mimosas. Then a super fantastic cake. I love a good party!!!