Saturday, March 31, 2012

Mid afternoon brunch! 3 egg 2 cheese, pepper,onion Omelet!

I am still not functioning as far as to making anything special today..The long rode trip took a toll on my body and all I want to do is lay around.  I'm up now and since I have not done any major grocery shopping I decided that an easy omelet would do it for us today.  We stopped and of course picked up, eggs, cheese, milk, onions, green pepper and fresh strawberries.. (Pretzel bagels too)..

Happy Baking and Cooking from my kitchen to yours..:)

M. J.





Here's all it took to make this yummy omelet

olive oil for pan
3 eggs
1 tablespoon Pecorino Romano cheese
1/4 cup of skim milk
2 scallions
2 tablespoons diced tomatoes or 1 small Roma tomato
1 slice or more diced green pepper
salt and pepper
small portion mozzarella cheese




Saute onion, tomato and pepper in olive oil..Add beaten eggs (to which milk,Pecorino Romano cheese, salt and pepper has been added).  Cook slowly until egg lifts easily from side of pan and center is set.  Add mozzarella cheese and flip..*Note:  I used an omelet pan but using a small coated fry pan is usually all I use.




No comments: