Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Valentine Breakfast Hearts!

Today I decided to play with some silicone hearts that I bought the other day..I'm thinking of surprising hubby with a few of these on Valentine's Day!  I think he'll love them!!
Spray pan and heart with cooking spray

After a few minutes turn over to finish cooking





This is what I basically did...Sprayed lip side of heart and place on hot sprayed griddle.  Crack egg (not on pan) it will be messy.  Crack egg elsewhere and easy does it drop into heart..Simple as that!  Cook slowly until center is cooked.  I used a toothpick to poke a few wholes in white of egg and turn over gently..  I'm going to add some bacon bits and garnish with strawberries on Valentine's Day! Note:  Add cheese , ham or what you think he may like before turning egg over.  Happy Baking and Cooking!


5 comments:

TinaRBK said...

My hubby has eggs for breakfast every day and this is a great way to start the day off with a little Valentine's spirit! Great idea and I am sure your husband will appreciate it!

M. J. Vitelli said...

I think I'll make some pancakes too! Thanks Tina!

Mary Bergfeld said...

What a clever idea. This is my first visit to your blog, so I took sometime to browse through your earlier posts. I'm so glad I did that. I really like the food and recipes you share with your readers and I definitely will be back. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

M. J. Vitelli said...

Thank you so much Mary. I love sharing recipes and so appreciate those who comment and follow my blog!

Elpiniki said...

Beautiful hearty egg!