Monday, December 5, 2011

Luchada Italian Pastry!

My husband has fond memories of visiting his neighbor in his Italian neighborhood and she would make homemade bread and Luchada( I don't know if I spelled it correctly). 

 Today I decided to give it a whirl.. He peeled the apples and diced them and I used refrigerated pie crust...I added cinnamon, pinch of salt, sugar, raisins and walnuts..  I'M checking to find out how she made it from scratch..  I put the word out and I will make it and post it when I get the recipe or some resemblance of a recipe..

Happy Baking from my kitchen to yours! M.j.


Rolled it somewhat like a nut roll shape and baked (2) of them for 30 minutes at 400 degrees.  .I did sprinkle a bit of sugar on top before baking it!  It was crispy and tasty but
I am a bit disappointed that the crust split but this was really good in spite of it not having much for presentation.

Here are the pictures!  I'm working on better results! 



12/5/11 original post


No comments: