Sunday, September 23, 2012

Easy to make and Delicious! Chicken, Parmesan Grits and Tomatoes

 This is a  Re post recipe today.  It was really delicious and I have been asked by a few to share it again.   Easy to make and  my hubby loved it.  I am going to make it today for the second time.  Not everyone seems to be open to grits but those of you who are and those that are skeptical "Give it a try"! or use Polenta instead of the grits either will work fine..

Happy Cooking from my kitchen to yours,
 

M.J.


Originally when I made this recipe for the first time I tried it as an appetizer but today It'll be our main meal.  My hubby said "this is delicious"and that is a big plus+ for his taste buds.. 







I like grits; and not everyone does but once in a while I decide to try a recipe for one person and today it is for those of you who like to try something a bit different.  I have eaten grits many times( I actually love them).  I usually eat them for breakfast and most think of grits as a breakfast side.  It has the texture of cream of wheat, garnished with butter and occasionally cinnamon or maple syrup to top.  It warms you up on a winter day or if you are like me it just satisfies my appetite.

 I found this recipe to be interesting and since I love Grits I figured it was worth a try.  It's a healthy recipe so give it a try!  It may surprise you!!

Note:  Double recipe for meal size.

1 medium to large boneless chicken breast or thigh( I used a boneless chicken breast).
salt and pepper
 2 1/2 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 cup grape tomatoes (I used seeded Roma tomatoes)
1/4 medium onion  thinly sliced
1 garlic clove thinly sliced.
1/4 cup instant grits
1/2 oz. Parmesan, finally grated
roughly chopped parsley

In a lightly sprayed with cooking oil pan over medium heat saute chicken with salt and pepper.  Cook chicken until browned and cooked through.  Transfer to a plate and tent with foil. In the skillet, heat 2 tsp. oil over medium heat, add tomatoes, onion and garlic.  Cook until tomatoes are softened and onion is tender, about 5 minutes.

Meanwhile, in a small pot, bring 1 cup water to boil. Stir in grits and pinch of salt..cover, reduce heat to low and cook until water is absorbed, about 7 minutes..Stir in Parmesan cheese and 1/2 tsp. oil; season with salt and pepper..To serve, top grits with chicken and vegetables and sprinkle with parsley .  Note: This recipe was adapted from a Readers Digest.  Happy Cooking!




2 comments:

Kalyan said...

Just mouthwatering...looks so easy to prepare and delicious!

M. J. Vitelli said...

I think you'll love it!!! We certainly did..Someone suggested using polenta as a substitute..I think that may work.Have a wonderful day!:)