Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Today's Easy Meal: Pesto Chicken in white sauce!

I've been lazy and it seems soup is all I'm interested in making these days but tonight I decided to quick fry or saute', whatever you may call it, a few boneless chicken breasts in my homemade pesto (you can buy pesto in your grocery store too).




From my kitchen to yours,
 
M.J.

 Here's the link to my pesto recipe Basil Pesto
Warrn pesto on low heat

Saute chicken breasts until browned on both sides

They should look like this when sauteed

Add chicken soup and milk and bring to a slow bubble with lid partly on

Add pasta to chicken cream mixture.  Green salad for your side


In a large deep skillet place approximately 3 T pesto to warm.  Place the chicken breasts on the warmed pesto and saute them on low until they are browned on both sides.  To the browned chicken breasts I added 1 can cream of chicken soup and 3/4 cups skim milk (I mixed the chicken soup and milk in a separate bowl ),covered the pan slightly and cooked  until  chicken was tender.  Mine cooked very quickly (about 15 minutes).  In a separate pot I cooked approximately 1/2 box of Campanelle pasta according to directions, drained well and added to the chicken mix.  Toss well and served with a side salad.

Note:  I think this recipe would be mushroom friendly! Unfortunately we don't care for mushrooms!


No comments: