Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Eclair Cake!

My daughter makes Eclair cake different than I do.  Her base crust is graham crackers, mine is cream puff pastry. My recipe was one from when I was first married.  I think today easier is what the young people want so that is why they use a graham cracker crust.  I think mine tastes like a cream puff more!  Just sayin....


1 cup water
1/2 cup margarine or butter
1 cup flour
4 eggs










In a medium size pan bring water and margarine to a rapid boil.  Add flour and stir until it form a ball.  Take off heat and add eggs beating one at a time.  Spread onto 10 x 15 inch pan.  Bake at 375 degrees approximately 20 minutes.  Cool completely

Filling:
2 pkg. vanilla instant pudding
3 cups milk
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1-8 oz. Cool whip
1-8 oz. cream cheese softened completely
Hot Fudge(melted) or Chocolate syrup for drizzle

While shell is baking, in a separate bowl, place cream cheese.  Beat until soft.  Add vanilla instant pudding, vanilla extract and milk.  Beat until blended.  Add Cool whip and beat slowly until blended. Refrigerate until ready to use.

Happy Baking from my kitchen to yours,


M.J.

No comments: