Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Passing on a Family Recipe: Aunt Betty's Pierogie

My cousin just emailed me with her Mom's(my Mom's sister Betty) recipe for Pierogie..(pe dough he) that is how the Slovak people pronounced it..I have my Mom's dough recipe but I'll post this one first..

6 cups flour
1 T salt
1 1/2 C water
2 eggs

Fillings:
Cottage cheese:  Mash 1 lb. cottage cheese finely or use blender, add 1 egg yolk, sugar and salt to taste

Potatoes:  Mash 3 salted boiled potatoes, add 1/4 lb. American Cheese

Prune:  Cover prunes with water(didn't say how many), stew, then pit, save liquid, mash and chop, add sugar and lemon to taste..add just as needed..

Happy Baking and Cooking!!!






2 comments:

Jocie's Mom said...

Oh man! Pierogies are a favorite in my house. Thanks so much for sharing! Looks like Aunt Betty knows what she's doing in the kitchen :)

M. J. Vitelli said...

I have a sour cream dough recipe as well..If you'd like it just ask and I'll post it..