Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Mom's Ravioli Filling and Dough Recipe::

This is my Mom's Recipe!  I make my dough a little different but her filling and dough were wonderful.  You may want to try it her way..


Note:  The only difference I make in my Ravioli filling is that I eliminate the *nutmeg. 


Happy Baking and Cooking !!!

 
M.J.

1 /1/2 lb. pkg. veal, beef and pork(or you can use ground Italian sausage)
1 tbsp. oil
1 small onion chopped fine or grated
1 tsp.salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp. nutmeg*
1 pkg. chopped spinach  or swiss chard (cooked and drained)
1/2 to 1 cup Italian grated cheese(Romano only)
1/1/4 cups bread crumbs
1 egg well beaten

Fry meat in oil add salt, pepper, nutmeg* and chopped onion. Cook until browned..Add cooked spinach. Cook several minutes then take off stove add cheese, breadcrumbs and egg..Mix well until blended..Cool until ready to use.

Cook Jumbo Shells as directed on package.  Fill each shell with a heaping T of filling.  Layer shells with red sauce and top with more grated Italian cheese and handful of mozzeralla cheese.  Bake 350 degrees approx. 30 to 45 minutes covered or until bubbly.

Note:  I do not add nutmeg to my filling

Ravioli 





Dough:

4 cups regular flour
5 whole eggs
1 tbsp. oil
1/4 cup water plus a little more
1 tsp. salt

Mom said this recipe makes 140 Ravioli.. She sure knows how to make them!






original recipe posted 6/22/11

2 comments:

claudia lamascolo said...

Thanks for your visit, these look like what my dear friend use to make me years ago same filling I have always wanted to make never got her recipe thanks for sharing going to try bookmarking! Thanks for you visit Claudia from Whats Cookin and Blogsgotheart!

Food Glorious Food! said...

Thanks for sharing the lovely recipe :) I am sure my family will be delighted to taste it!