Monday, March 15, 2021

Sticky Chicken chunks

New photos!  ***I used the tomato sauce in today’s recipe  instead of ketscup.  I also doubled recipe.


I saw this recipe posted on Facebook and thought hubby and I would enjoy it.  They were using Chicken Wings and although I like chicken wings I opted to use boneless chicken breasts and adapt it to our liking.

I served it over vegetable rice and the sauce really made this a delicious meal.  Prep time was a matter of minutes and I was able to go from oven to table in approximately 30 minutes.



updated version with added steamed carrots










1 lb. boneless chicken breasts cut in chunks
1 to 2 cloves Fresh Garlic, crushed
4 T Tomato Sauce   *** I used ketscup
3 T Brown Sugar
3 T Honey
4 T Soy Sau
ce
1 T Vinegar
2 carrots cut in large pieces and steamed(optional)
Cooked Rice
Pinch salt, pepper and or hot sauce

Sauce:

Place garlic, ketscup,brown sugar, soy sauce, honey and vinegar in bowl.  Add salt, pepper and or hot sauce.  Stir.  Add chicken cubes to sauce and coat well.

Note:  Make sure to double sauce recipe if you like lots of sauce. 



 Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees. Spray with cooking spray a large oven dish. ( I used a disposable aluminum tray).


 Arrange the Saucy Chicken chunks in a single layer.



Bake for approximately 20 minutes.  Turn chicken occasionally with a spatula making sure to scoop  the sauce and spoon mixture onto chicken. Bake approximately 10 minutes more or until sauce is bubbling and inside of chicken is no longer pink in color.  The sauce will have coated the chicken nicely.

Serve over rice.  Enjoy!


   Original 2/2016

No comments: