Thursday, March 18, 2021

Savory Clafoutis


Hi and welcome.

I've been working on getting together a few new recipes I  think would be of interest.

This particular recipe I thought would be very easy and a nice change for you.



We tend to make the same recipes over and over and I am guilty of it.  We know what works for our family and I know my hubby and he will try a new recipe and give his opinion.

He enjoyed this very much and I included hot sausage to give it a punch.

You can use ham, bacon or even prosciutto in it.  It all depends on your taste.

This recipe is similar to an Impossible Pie type dish if you are aware of what that is. It makes its own crust. 

Note:  ONLY use 1 cup of cooked ground sausage.  I used more and it was too thick.  I wanted more of a custard texture with some sausage mingled in it.  Mine was a little too meaty..



 Enjoy!










Here's the recipe for the Savory  Clafouti (Very adaptable, could use bacon, ham, sausage & various cheeses)

 I sauteed in olive oil 1 garlic clove, 1/2 onion, with 1 cup of ground hot sausage.. set aside

In a mixing bowl place 1/2 cup flour.  Add 2 beaten eggs, 3/4 cup cream (or milk) (I used milk),1 tablespoon melted butter, salt & pepper. Whisk well. or you can use your blender to blend it well.







After whisking egg milk mixture add 1 cup grated cream cheese@mozzarella blend,(new blend I saw and bought)and
 1 cup grated sharp cheddar & some finely chopped scallions and parsley. ****Note substitute cheese if you like ( gruyere)cheese can be used as well..

 Fold sausage gently into milk/ cheese mixture and pour into a 9 inch pie plate. Bake for approximately 25 minutes at 425 degrees depending on your oven.   Note:  You will notice the center is set and doesn't jiggle. 






No comments: